For some time we have wanted to launch a range of affordable and really dynamic fitness classes for the families who use our services. Thanks to some grant funding given to us by Suffolk Sport we will be doing just that. Jo is about to train as a level 4 PT so that she can deliver these classes alongside John Reynolds, Martin Copping & Helen Duggan. We will also be providing some free services for young parents in other areas of the county – we will tell you more about that later in the year.
As always, our paid-for classes fund our community work so when you book onto one of our new fitness classes you not only get access to a great class you also contribute to the well being of other families in the local area – that’s a great way to get some good karma!
So what are the options?
Strong 4 Life
Strong 4 Life is the first step in your fitness journey after your baby is born. This class focuses on postural alignment, restoring core muscle strength and really helping you to understand your body, what is going on and how to make you feel strong, empowered and confident at this phase in your life. The best part is that you don’t have to find childcare as you can bring your baby too!
These classes should be considered a first step in terms of post-natal rehabilitation. They are suitable for all post-natal women from 6 weeks after a vaginal birth or 8 weeks after a C-section. We also realise that a lot of women are not ready to exercise until far longer after their baby is born so this is a great starting point if you are unsure and have much older children.
You will receive access to a private online community so that you can ask questions and swap notes with your peers and mentors.
You will also gain access to Core Club Nutrition so that you can gain insight and a greater understanding of how to manage your diet at this point in your parenting journey – we are not fans of fad diets, cutting out food groups or unsustainable regimes!
Tailored homework to do in-between sessions so that you can work at home when it suits you and your family.
Wednesdays 10.00am – 11.00am
£7.50 per class booked in six-week terms. The April/May term is 5 weeks long.
“Really focussed the mind and help to identify the weaker areas …..that need the work! Absolutely certain this will help improve performance. Excellent!”
Core Club is open to all – men and women – we are all about equality!
- A monthly session in a small group taught by three specialist instructors so you are guaranteed a personalised service like no other class you will have attended in the past.
- Tailored homework videos emailed to you directly to ensure that you progress at home at a rate that is right for you.
- An online support forum which gives you access to ask questions from your mentors and from the peer group and wider community that make up Core Club.
- The opportunity to attend as many extra sessions as you would like to (no extra charge) the sessions available are advertised in the closed FB page and are available on a first come first served basis.
Core Club is very much focused on giving you a greater understanding of your anatomy and physiology, it is not just about beasting you until you are a hot sweaty mess! You will develop a greater sense of how your body works, how to strengthen areas which you feel are not your strongest and how to work on your posture, balance and alignment. This club is designed to empower its members so that you remain injury free and able to participate in your chosen sport or activity to your full potential.
2nd & 3rd Saturday of the month at 10.00am, 11.30am & 1.30pm
2nd & 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6.30pm & 7.45pm
You are guaranteed at least one session per month and you can book as many additional sessions as you wish according to availability. You can attend up to 4 times per month.
£25 per month (£6.25 per week)
Junior Core Club
“Like nothing I have ever done before.”
This session is for your aspiring young athletes. Suitable for young people aged 8 – 16 this is a junior version of Core Club. It is not a standard fitness class it is a club membership. Should your child become a member they will receive:
- Two monthly sessions in a small group taught by three specialist instructors so they are guaranteed a personalised service like no other class they will have attended in the past.
- Tailored homework videos emailed to them or you directly to ensure that they progress at home at a rate that is right for them
- An online support forum which gives them access to ask questions from their mentors and from the peer group and wider community that make up Junior Core Club.
All instructors are fully insured, and DBS checked.
Junior Core Club is very much focused on giving your child a greater understanding of their anatomy and physiology. They will develop a greater sense of how their body works, how to strengthen areas which they feel are not their strongest and how to work on their posture, balance and alignment. This club is designed to empower its members so that they remain injury free and able to participate in their chosen sport or activity to their full potential. It’s all about respecting their bodies and empowering their sense of self-esteem.
2nd & 3rd Saturday of the month at 3pm & 4pm
£20 per month (£5 per week)